The six best teams of Ajujaht and their mentors revealed
On yesterday’s episode of Ajujaht, the six teams competing for the title of Ajujaht winner, the biggest investment and the financial prize fund were finally revealed. In addition, each member of the Ajujaht final jury chose one mentee team for whom they will fight.
The teams and their mentors are as follows:
- Münt, who make dental care tablets . Their mentor is Inge Laas , Enterprise Area Innovation Manager of Enterprise Estonia.
- Tamiatics, a horticultural software developer. Their mentor is Ajujaht team leader Harri Tallinn (Civitta).
- RPC Materials, who developed a rock-plastic composite material and are now looking to produce it. Their mentor is angel investor Ivo Remmelg .
- Lexi.Market, which develops and sells the “Facebook of Products” platform. Their mentor is Andrus Hiiepuu, member of the board of Elisa.
- RUEX, which develops a network platform for the use and renting out of electric car chargers. Their mentor is Tanel Erm, head of the Microsoft Development Center Estonia.
- Mentornaut, a teacher mediation platform. Their mentor is SEB’s strategy manager Andra Altoa.
The next two episodes will see who will make it to the Ajujaht Superfinal on May 27 – only three teams will earn the ticket and the fight will be extremely tough given the high level of the teams.
Ajujaht is broadcast on TV3 every Thursday at 8 pm, the show is hosted by Marii Karell.
Ajujaht is the largest competition for business ideas in Estonia, offering top-level mentoring, training and funding. Ajujaht has boosted companies like Bolt, Bikeep, Click & Grow, GoWorkaBit, FoodDocs, UpSteam, Groveneer and many more. Over the past 12 months, start-ups that have grown out of Ajujaht have attracted investments worth more than 12 million euros. This year, the Ajujaht’s financial fund will reach a record 140,000 euros.
Ajujaht has been initiated by Enterprise Estonia. The competition partner is SEB and major sponsors are Elisa, Microsoft and Maxima. The competition is financed by Enterprise Estonia from the European Regional Development Fund. In addition, Ajujaht is supported by investors from EstBAN, the law firm TRINITI, Tartu Creative Economy Center, Harku County, Saue County, City of Tartu, City of Pärnu and City of Tallinn.